Thursday, November 6, 2008

Assignment 4

This is my music poster for our fourth assignment.  I chose the song "Where is my Mind" by PIXIES (the song at the end of Fight Club.) I like this song because I can really relate to the words during my high school years. Interesting times.  I chose the lines, "Your head will collapse but nothing's in it" and "Where is my mind."

The purple/pink spirals were of a picture of a bon fire and I moved my camera in circles while it was taking the picture, then I messed with the colors to look like so.  The layer over top of that was a picture of broken glass with a lower opacity.  On the bottom right I took a picture of a pigeon and duplicated the picture and color burned the images.  Over the birds is a picture of the branches from a dead tree.  On the left is a picture of me, laughing like I'm "loosing my mind."  Under my head is a picture of a fish that I drew and scanned in. Doesn't make sense but then again that was the idea of the whole image.  I wrote the words with ink and pen and warped them to flow with the image.  The "WHERE" is white out tape.  This was both done on Illustrator and Photoshop but I definitely prefer photoshop.




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

1 comment:

Mollie McGill said...

I really like this image, like i told you earlier!
I think this is definitely a case where the horizontal orientation definitely works really well, and i love the composition [:
great work ( and awesome song!)